Our school uniform is an important feature of the ethos of our school.
We believe that our formal dress code creates a professional, purposeful working environment in which all our students can strive for excellence and success while fostering a strong sense of unity and equality. Our students take pride in their uniform, which embodies our traditional values with modern and practical styling.
We ask all parents and carers to ensure that their child attends school each day in the correct attire and with the necessary equipment to learn.
Our uniform suppliers are Screens of Lowestoft.
School Uniform Policy
- White, collared shirt with the top button fastened, tucked in and a school tie (no tee-shirts or tee-shirt material).
- A school tie of the correct house colour.
- A black school blazer. A school badge is available from local suppliers. No other jacket is to be worn around the school. A plain black V-necked jumper may be worn in addition (no hoodies nor fleece material).
- Regulation black school, pleated skirt (from Screens), OR plain, smart black trousers which must be capable of retaining a front and back crease (not jeans-style, leggings, black cotton nor denim material). Girls may choose to wear trousers instead of the regulation school skirt.
- Black or white short socks or black tights (must be completely plain).
- Black shoes (all black & not boots), sensible style for all-day comfort and safety here are examples of the correct and incorrect shoes any further questions contact your assistant heads of houses.
- An outer coat of any reasonable style (not leather or denim) may be worn to and from school but should be carried and not worn around the school.
- Scarves must not be worn but can be carried around the school.
- Summer uniform is where students are able to attend school without wearing their school blazer and wear a short-sleeved white shirt and Tie. The Summer uniform normally takes place after May Bank Holiday.
The safety regulations for earrings must be observed – one pair of small flat studs only. Other body piercings are not acceptable for safety reasons. No other jewellery should be worn, except a watch. Hair should be clean and in a style acceptable to the ethos of the school. It should be of uniform natural hair colour. Long hair may be tied back. Shaven or partly shaven heads will not be acceptable. Hair accessories should be discreet and either black or blend with the hair colour.
In any matter of dispute, the decision of Heads of House will be final. All items of clothing and personal property should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.
Games Kit Requirements
Boys & Girls PE KitCompulsory
- Red t-shirt - with BHS logo
- Black sweatshirt - with BHS logo
- Classic fit plain black shorts (mid-thigh, no cycling shorts or equivalent)/plain black tracksuit bottoms/plain black sports leggings.
- Black football socks
- Shin pads for football & hockey.
- Sports trainers for indoor PE and outdoor summer sports
- Football boots for outdoor winter sports
- Plain black - base layer
- Gum Shield for Rugby
Our School Uniform suppliers are:
Screens of Lowestoft
Telephone: 01502 581010