Students in the library
Ethos and Vision
We are wholeheartedly committed to
‘Opportunity, Aspiration and Excellence for All’.
We believe that an outstanding school experience, which combines a caring yet challenging approach, is absolutely crucial in providing our students with the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve their very best throughout life. I fully understand the importance of choosing the right school for your child and hope that our vision articulates this clearly.
The behaviour of pupils is good - Ofsted, 2016
An outstanding high school requires a strong working partnership between teachers, students and parents/carers. We are a caring school, in which every individual matters and all students are encouraged to work hard to achieve their potential. On a daily basis, the strong bonds that are created between teachers and students, and between students and their peers, are evident. These create an atmosphere and environment through an extremely well developed aspirational culture, where students really enjoy school, and because of this, make excellent progress. We pride ourselves on our relationships with very supportive parents who know that their children’s care and success is our priority.
Pupils demonstrate a keenness to learn - Ofsted, 2016
What does ‘Opportunity’ look like at Bungay High School?
- A commitment to a broad and daring curriculum which is inclusive, encouraging academic and vocational excellence. We aim to ensure that our courses excite students and strike a genuine cord with their future.
- Knowing every student is essential and a key feature of Bungay High leading to different levels of personalisation for an inclusive experience.
- We aim to provide students with the opportunity to become supportive, sensitive, team workers who feel valued and can access their learning fully. We want all of our students to become confident, independent and active learners.
- Through brilliant behaviour for learning and great relationships, we aim for students to be surrounded with experiences and captured memories.
What does ‘Aspiration’ look like at Bungay High School?
- We aim to inspire individuals through exciting teaching and learning, leading to a love of learning.
- Through excellent learning experiences we hope to create innovative, creative, solution-focused individuals.
- We want to ensure that students are allowed to dream and go for it! Alongside achieving excellent exams results we also want to ensure that students have brilliant life opportunities.
What does ‘Excellence for All’ look like at Bungay High School?
- Achieving outstanding results across all disciplines and for all individuals is central to our vision.
- We are committed to providing a world class, comprehensive education for all of our students.
- Aiming to provide brilliant facilities for our students is essential – involving our students in decisions to help to drive aspects of site and resource development is crucial.
- We want to ensure that our local community are part of the brilliant Bungay High School, supporting its development and future.
Please click here to see our British Values page.
Please click link to see our Prevent Strategy document.